Overnight Hobart Hotel accommodation
includes continental breakfast.
Please note Hotel offers complimentary airport transfers.
Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport
Address: 1 Holyman Ave, Cambridge TAS 7170
Phone: (03) 6248 3555
1800 – crew briefing and pack inspection check -location hotel boardroom. Dinner is at your leisure.
Be ready to depart at 0745 in Hotel lobby for airport transfer for our Par Avion Flight at Cambridge aerodrome – Flight to Melaleuca, flight time just over 1 hour. We will receive our pre-paid Tasmania National park passes on arrival at the terminal. Each person to carry one each. Please note that you can leave your bag at the Hotel in a secure location and collect when you arrive back from the South Coast. Upon arrival at Melaleuca airstrip, we are to receive 8 X 230gram pre-paid gas canisters for our cooking units. These cookers will be used for boiling water only.
ON THE TRACK
Day 1: Melaleuca, walk to Point Eric which is a 12km walk
Day 2: Trek to Louisa River which is a 20km walk. This day is difficult, and you’ll need to up early (04:30 am)
Day 3: The Ironbound Range to Little Deadman's Bay which is a 11km. This day is challenging and you’ll need to up early (04:30 am)
Day 4: Walk to Osmiridium Beach camp which is a 15km walk
Day 5 : Rest day/or make day due to delays
Day 6: Walk to Granite Beach camp which is a 10km walk
Day 7: Over South Cape Range, camp South Cape Rivulet which is a 11km walk
Day 8: Walk to Cockle Creek which is a 12km walk
1200 – Bus transfer to Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport – time is 2
hours. Overnight at Hotel includes continental breakfast.
What is included?
- Two professional wilderness guides (provides minimum one advanced adventure medic)
- All professional wilderness guides will each have one Satellite Phone and Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons; your first-class safety is our priority in these remote areas.
- EEE Wilderness First-Aid certificate achieved while trekking (value $990.00) – includes pre-trek learning.
- Fully comprehensive pre-trek handbook.
- Complimentary 1 hour Diet assessment by highly qualifies dietitian.
- Eight weeks (2 days per week) personal pre-trek training program or 12 weeks (3day a week) pre-trek training guide with regular personal contact regarding your training progress.
- Weekly update newsletters and a dedicated person to answer any of your questions leading up to your trek.
- From your registration fee, we will donate $50.00 each towards the Orange-bellied Parrot Tasmanian Program to assist in the continuation of this great program.
- Two nights pre and post trek accommodation - 4 Star twin share (single supplement available) including free airport transfers and full continental breakfast daily and meet your fellow trekkers.
- Private room Hotel dining - 3-course dinner after completion of the trek, includes two individual trek awards, all trekkers receive a specially designed framed certificate of completion.
- In hotel trek briefing and gear/pack inspection
- Eight nights camping sites
- Scenic flight to Melaleuca including transfer to Cambridge Airport
- Return transport to Hobart by luxury private bus including deluxe BBQ and drinks at Cockle Bay
- National Park fees
- Your fee includes the use of 75LT Back Pack /large tent/sleeping bag and inflatable sleeping mat (collect at Hotel pre-trek briefing).
- Group camping equipment including all cooking equipment
- Emergency communications & camp; advanced group first aid kit
What’s is not included?
- Items of a personal nature: clothing, alcoholic beverages, car parking etc
- Personal Travel insurance
- Food is a personal choice based on taste/your age and sex, therefore supplying bulk standard food for a groups does not always meet these different needs. You will professional guidance in food to meet your individual needs whilst trekking.
There are expectations that we set for our team. The trek team creed is “Team first, Individuals last, Self-reliant”. We ensure that no one gets left behind, which means we walk together. Our events are not a race; it is a team effort. So, we expect you to respect and follow this creed.